Now that I am officially 10 weeks into my fitness regime, there are a few more things that I'm discovering. First and foremost? I still do NOT like running. I've been doing it 3 times a week for 10 weeks and am almost done with my Couch to 5K training. I will be doing a 5K in May with my sister, but for as much as I tried and wanted to love it, I still dislike running. But. Disliking it doesn't necessarily mean I'll quit doing it. That's still yet to be determined.
Secondly? I still love my sweets. If anybody knows a way to not like them, I'd love to hear it. Anway. Here are a few things I LOVE about working out.
I posted this photo on Instagram on Sunday. This dress I wore on my wedding day (for the luncheon). It doesn't fit the same now as it did then, but the fact that I can get it on and get away with wearing it is a huge step in the right direction!
1. I love that I am setting a good example for my children. They know that every morning, I am going to be exercising. Sometimes they do it with me. Sometimes I find them doing it on their own. They know that exercise makes you healthy and strong and it is a frequent discussion in my house.
(Side note? My 3 year old son likes to step on my bathroom scale every time he's in my bathroom. And he always has a response to his "weigh-in". Sometimes he'll cheer and do a little happy dance, other times it's a disgruntled growl. Hehehe!! They really do watch every single thing you do! :) )
2. I love the girl bonding time I get with working out. I love my workout buddies! I love the fun girl time, the chatting and the motivation they give me. I fear for the day when I no longer have my "sweat buddies" to cheer me on.
3. I love that I feel stronger. I still don't really look that different (well, except for my calves. I can totally tell a difference in my calves. But you know what? I could care less about my calves...), but I totally feel different. I feel stronger. I feel healthier. I love it.
4. I love accomplishing my goals. Most of the time, they are only significant to me. But I love when I can cross a "huge" milestone of my list. An example. For the last few weeks, I have been trying so hard to get my 3.1 miles done within 36 minutes. I finally accomplished that goal this week. Not that big of a deal to anybody else, but a HUGE deal to me.
5. Last but not least? I LOVE watching the scale go down and the numbers on the measuring tape getting smaller. From the time I stepped on the scale checking into the hospital to have my baby girl on October 8 until today, I have lost a grand total of 36 pounds. Granted. 30 of those pounds were just from this last pregnancy. However, 6 of those pounds were from Baby Numero Uno. I'm glad to see them gone!
If you are just starting your weight loss journey, or are discouraged and feeling like it's not worth it. Stick to it! It does take a long time. It is super hard. But it is worth it!!
Need another fitness pal? Come join me on MyFitnessPal! I can always use more people to hold me accountable!