home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hard Things


                                 I found {this} print on Etsy yesterday (via Brightsides Designs)


"I Can Do Hard Things" is my new mantra. 
While plugging along on the treadmill this morning, I probably repeated it a zillion times to myself.

Today, I was ready to quit.
I've been counting calories scrupulously since Little Miss was born almost 4 months ago.
I've been super dedicated to working out; especially the last 3 weeks.
(I've been doing the BodyRock 30 Day Challenge as well as the Couch to 5K training).
This week, I've cut out all extra sugar and treats.
This morning, I made the mistake of weighing in and measuring myself.

IT WAS BAD NEWS BEARS.
Not one ounce or millimeter of difference.
My immediate reaction was "Why?!?  Why am I making myself miserable for nothing?"

I have a dear friend who lets me come run on her treadmill for my Couch to 5K training.  She lets my kids play so I can focus on the task at hand.  She has been ever so helpful in my journey thus far.  Anyway.   I told her I was ready to throw in the towel and she quickly talked me out of it.  She's been in my spot; had 3 babies, tried losing weight while nursing, the whole 9 yards.  As far as fitness and weight loss goes she's light years ahead of me, but having that "buddy" made a world of difference for me today.  So, I did my run, tried to go harder than I did last time, was successful and feel 100 times better about myself than I did this morning.

The moral of the story?  YOU CAN DO HARD THINGS.  Don't give up.  Grab a girlfriend and get moving.  Just a little bit if needs be, but do something.

And seriously?  Come join me on {MyFitnessPal}.  The more the merrier.  We can all use a little help! ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...