home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Our Wedding DIY Projects & Details

Probably the biggest reason for me being gone so much in the last month was my little brother's wedding. They were married in Utah but had receptions in Utah, Texas and here in Phoenix, since that's where Nathan grew up. Since my sister and I both live here, we were put in charge of the entire shin-dig. Here's a quick look at what we did:

Hanging mason jars.  I hot glued hemp around the mouth of the jar, knotting a piece long enough for hanging.  We glued a strip of burlap and a piece of ribbon around the jar and voila!  The original idea was to put a red sunflower in the jar, but it turned out that the flower buds were too big to fit.  I think they were just as cute empty, though!

Photo Canvas Sign In "Book".  I blew up one of Nathan & Megan's engagement photos and Mod Podged it to a 16x20 canvas.  We left a few Sharpies out and let people sign the photo.  This is the only photo of it, so you can't really see how it turned out, but you get the idea.  I think it turned out really cute and will be a fun memento to have hanging in their new apartment.  **Oh! And that old, teal birdcage to the left? My sister and I found it at an antique store for like $15.00 and fell in love with it immediately.  It was the perfect thing to hold all the cards!
Candy Bar & Sweets Table.  This one is pretty self explanatory.  Red and teal were our colors of choice, so we bought all the appropriate candy we could find!  We also served lemon cakes, cinnamon bites, cupcakes and strawberry shortcake kabobs (you can find my tutorial for those {here} ).



**Thanks to {Jacie Ames Photography} for several of the photos**

And this is my husband and I towards the end of the evening.  Can you tell I'm roasting and exhausted?  I've decided that pregnant women shouldn't be in charge of any major productions. :)

16 comments:

Erika said...

the teal birdcage is lovely!Great ideas too!

Unknown said...

I'm a fan of those mason jars. You could pretty much do anything with those!

Vintage Street Designs said...

I ♥ the hanging mason jar and who wouldn't love a sweet table? Hopped over from Crafty Sasse Wednesday and I'm happy to be your newest follower. Would love to have you stop by for a visit and follow me back. Have a great night. Judy :) http://www.vintagestreetdesigns.com

Jillian @ Hi! It's Jilly said...

Fun! Looks like you guys did a great job! I love that birdcage, too.

Sarah said...

Hi! I found your blog via the Spicy Link-Up, and I'm excited to follow you and read more! I'd be happy to have you come by and check out my blog as well :)
Red and teal is a gorgeous combination! My brother lives in Phoenix too, and he just got married last week. You and your sister did a beautiful job with the reception! I agree with Judy, the sweet table would work for any occasion!
Sarah
http://andtwinsmakefour.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love the red and teal! What a good sister you are!

I'm your newest follower from the spicy link up!
http://pampereddaughterthriftywife.blogspot.com/

Sarah

KC Coake said...

Looks so pretty! I love the hanging mason jars.

Megan said...

The mason jar idea and the candy jars were totally what I wanted for my wedding reception SO bad but for one reason or another we couldn't do it. So jealous! looks lovely :)

new follower from the GFC Blog Hop
megancamille.blogspot.com

Little Becky Homecky said...

These are all great ideas!! I do love the mason jars!! Thanks for linking this up to Fantabulous Friday at Little Becky Homecky!!

Cassie said...

Such wonderful ideas! I found you via the Weekend blog walk and am happy to be your newest follower! I'd love a visit back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com! :)

Unknown said...

I love the decor choices - especially the guest sign in... what a cute way to give the couple memories they can look at on a daily basis... Happy to be following you now - found you on Live. Laugh. Rowe's hop... Hope you can visit soon....

Have a great week!
-Heather
stringtownhome.blogspot.com

Brhea said...

Love the hanging mason jars! What a sweet sister you are :) Everything looks gorg, girl!

I am excited to follow your blog!

Garage Sales R Us said...

NO Way! I just did a wedding and used hanging mason jars almost just like this! I think I like yours better though! ha! I am visiting a little bit late from The Blog Hop but wanted to stop in and say hi! I am your newest follower! I blog over at http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ I hope you will stop by and do the same. I have an awesome giveaway going on right now with a Circut Machine! I'd Love it if you would enter! Hope you have a great day!

Robin

Sarah said...

I love the mason jars! We did a lot of traveling for our wedding, including a reception in Phoenix. It was so stinkin hot on the day of our reception, I can't imagine being pregnant and trying to put it all together. You get major sister points there.

If you get a chance come link up at my Pin Party.

http://www.sarahdawndesigns.blogspot.com/2012/07/pintastic-monday-link-party-1.html

Krista Lynn said...

New follower from the blog hop! I love this!! I just got engaged this past weekend and already know I'm going to be a frugal wedding planner!

Krista

The Crazy Cat Lady said...

totally love this post!! Very creative ~ thanks for sharing it with us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...