home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fizzy Fun!

Here's another super simple, super fun activity for your little ones!  All you need is baking soda, vinegar and food coloring!

Simply fill the bottom of a pan with baking soda, and give your children cups of vinegar with different colors of food coloring in them.
 Let them use eye droppers to drop the food coloring into the baking soda.  Great for hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills!  
They will have a blast watching the colors bubble and fizz in the baking soda! 


 My boys stayed outside with this for close to an hour, and they would have stayed longer if they hadn't run out of their materials!  I think vinegar and baking soda will be on my next Costco shopping list!  This activity was too much fun to not do many more times this summer!

6 comments:

MC said...

Great idea for the budding young scientist! I would have loved this as a kid.

Anonymous said...

How fun! That is a fantastic early learning science experiment. Your children look so excited and engaged in their activity. Thank you for linking up this week to my Enchanted Thursdays Blog Hop. I am now following along with your site and following you on Facebook!

Erin said...

Such a fun idea! We did Volcano Eggs for Easter and it was similar (http://takingtimetocreate.blogspot.com/2012/04/easter-weekend-volcano-egg-coloring.html). I was trying to think of another way to do something similar since my little guy liked the bubbles so much. Now I don't have to come up with something myself! Thanks!
Erin
takingtimetocreate.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is cool, thanks for linking up to Whip it up Wednesday.

Carla at Preschool Powol Packets said...

I love vinegar and baking soda! And I love how engaged your kids are too--an hour is like eternity when they're little! Nice work!

Katherines Corner said...

you make learning fun! hugs and thank you for linking to the Thursday hop!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...