home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Glitter Playdough

This week, we made glitter playdough.
A practice run for our glitter snow dough we're going to make next month.
I was going to just do plain white,
But then decided that more colors would be more fun!
After all, we're not talking about sparkly white snow today!
I know that making homemade playdough isn't new to many,
but just in case you haven't found a recipe yet,
here's one for you.

Classic Playdough
2 c. flour
1 c. salt
4 T. Cream of Tartar
2 T. oil
2 c. water

Mix in a pan on medium heat until it forms into a soft ball. Remove from heat.
As soon as it's cool enough to handle, knead it out until it's soft and pliable and ready to play with!
You can add food coloring, Kool-Aid or Jello for different colors.
And glitter is totally optional.

My boys sure enjoyed having "special" playdough today!
(My 3 year old sat at the table quietly playing for well over 2 hours!! Worth the glitter, I say!)

1 comment:

Megan Petersen said...

Very awesome. I didn't know that one COULD make homemade play dough! Learn something new everyday I guess!

Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...