home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Black Kitty Cookies

I told you I have lots of Halloween/Fall goodies that we make every year. This week is my "Halloween Kick Off" week. Yesterday for our Family Night, we did 90% of our Halloween shopping, watched Casper and made these cute little cookies.

Black Cat Cookies
1 c. butter
2 c. sugar
3 t. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. baking powder
3 c. flour
1 c. cocoa
Candy Corn
Red Hots (or any other small red candy)

Roll (or scoop) dough into good size balls. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Make whiskers with fork and free hand the shape of the ears. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes (in my oven, 10 minutes is perfect!). Remove from oven and immediately place candy on for eyes and nose.

Now, a lesson about these cookies I learned just this morning. By the time we got around to making these last night, it was pretty late. So, I just made one cookie sheet full and then put the dough in the fridge to finish off this morning. I had grand intentions of taking fabulous new photos of all my little kitties (the photo above is from last year and is a bit blurry). However. This cookie dough does not like to be refrigerated. It's all crumbly and not rolling into balls. Lesson learned! However, this dough is fantastic, and I actually like the dough better than the cookies, so I'm not too heartbroken!

A side note?
For any of you cub scout moms, I think these would be adorable for any Bobcat needs!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...