home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Monday, March 3, 2014

Red Poppy Dress

When my husband goes out of town, I end up staying up WAY too late working on a variety of different sewing projects.  After all, what's a girl to do when the kids go to bed by 8:00?

The last time he went out of town, I made a very last minute decision to make a dress for my little girl.  So last minute, in fact, that I drug all 3 of my children to the fabric store with me to pick out the fabric.  Luckily, I found the perfect fabric within just a few minutes of walking into the store.

Have you all heard of Heidi & Finn?  I'm sure you have.  They're all over Pinterest and their Etsy shop is always hoppin'.  This is my first time sewing with one of their patterns and I will definitely be going back for more.  I started with their Colorblock Dress, and I absolutely love it.

The entire dress probably took me a grand total of 2 hours from start to finish.  That plus $10 worth of fabric? Totally worth it.


Seeing as I finished the dress long after my little gal went to sleep, I had to wait patiently for her to try it on.

And then I forgot to take a picture until after church, when she is overly tired, cranky, has graham crackers smeared all over her face and dress and is looking a bit rough.

That's okay.  She's still cute.  And I still love the dress.


The hubbs is going out of town again next month.
I think the Heidi & Finn Summer Maxi Dress will be the sewing project of choice.  I'll let you know how it goes.  In the meantime, are there any other amazing pattern shops I need to be aware of??



**By the way.  I received nothing from Heidi & Finn for writing this post.  I bought the pattern on my own; I just really loved their pattern and shop and wanted to share.**


2 comments:

byTheArtBug said...

So adorable! Cute pic:)

Emily Thompson said...

your fabric and model are adorable! Stopping by to let you know that you've been featured at Nap-Time Creations weekend features! Thanks for linking up to Create Link Inspire! I've spread the word all around social media, would love a reshare or two :o) Please grab a button from my footer if you don't already have one. Emily

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...