home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Friday, February 28, 2014

Finding My Place

I'm not sure how  many people really check this blog.  For those of you who may, you have probably noticed how absent I've been from blogging so far this year.

Like most people, I spent a lot of time pondering goals and hopes for the new year towards the end of December beginning of January.  I wanted to be super organized about it; write everything down, plan out a "map" of sorts, have a really good grasp on how I wanted 2014 to go.  But then?  Life hit.  And Kadydid Designs was S.U.P.E.R. busy.  And I never got to write down any of my goals, let alone start working towards them.

But. Two of my biggest goals were to:

a) Figure out how to better balance my Kadydid life and responsibilities with my family and real life responsibilities.  My littles are only going to be little for so long.  I fee like I miss out on a lot of time with them because I am working so hard.  It used to be that I had nap time(s) that were child free and I could work without feeling much guilt.  That's not the case anymore.

b) Increase my Kadydid sales and inventory.  I would like to have 200 listings available in my shop.  And ultimately, I would LOVE to have 75% of those listings all ready to ship.  However, that's a HUGE load to get on top of when I'm just a one girl show with 3 little tykes and a busy non-Etsy life to boot.

I know those goals seem to be a bit contradictory.  Spend more time with my children = less time working. However, increasing inventory and sales = more time working.  See my predicament? So, while I've been trying to unscramble all of my goals and desires, blogging has taken a back seat.

But here's what I've come up with for now.  I am changing my blogging thought process.  I am going to stop trying to force myself to blog on a regular basis (this is also why I have never tried to gain sponsors; I never knew how long I'd last, and I didn't want the extra pressure of keeping steady traffic for sponsors).  If I have projects/recipes/etc. that I'm excited to share; I definitely will.  I love sharing different Etsy shops with everybody and I will continue doing that as I find shops I love to share.  This little blog is taking the back seat to everything else right now.  Having said that, however, I do have a couple of projects that I've just finished up and ready to share.  They'll be coming soon.  Until then, go spend some extra time with your littles (even if they're of the furry, 4-legged variety!)!


1 comment:

the Sweetest Memory said...

Enjoy your little ones! Kari

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...