home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Adventures in Amblyopia: A Book Review

I'm finally back!! Well, sort of. I'm here for a couple of days and then gone again for the weekend. But then next week, I am back for real, for the rest of the summer!!

Before I went out of town last month, I was contacted to see if I would be interested in reviewing a new children's book coming out that dealt with the need for glasses. Of course, I said yes!! When I got home, I found this adorable little book sitting in my mailbox:


I quickly scanned through it and knew instantly that my 4 year old would be IN LOVE with this book.
I was right. He couldn't get his little hands on it fast enough, and has since asked everybody to read it to him multiple times. Not only is it a fun story about Arlo, a dog who realizes he needs glasses, but it's also educational (it explains exactly what happens at the doctor's office). Plus, it's a pop up book! And, when Arlo goes to the doctor's to pick out new glasses? There are different pairs of glasses in the book that your child can physically take out and try on Arlo themselves.

TOO CUTE!!!

Okay. So to go along with the release of this new book, Workman Publishing is hosting a contest on Pinterest, where you can pin photos of your favorite pet wearing glasses. You have until July 31st to pin your photos, and the winners will receive an autographed copy of the book. Be sure to follow {this link} for all the details!! Still need an invite to Pinterest? Leave me a comment and I'd be happy to send you one (you'll love it, I promise!!).

And, if you're dying to get your hands on a copy of the book right now, click {here}. This would make an adorable gift for any child!!


**Workman Publishing did provide me a free book to keep in exchange for this review. However, all thoughts and expressions are mine and mine alone. We honestly love this book!!**

1 comment:

Jillian @ Hi! It's Jilly said...

That looks like such a cute book! I think you're awesome, so I decided to nominate you for the Versatile Blogger award! For details go here- http://hiitsjilly.blogspot.com/2012/07/award-for-me-awww.html. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...