Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Guest Post: Thrifty & Fabulous Accessories
Hello there! My name is Erika and I am so excited to be guest posting today! I actually just started my blog last week and the oh-so-kind Alyssa offered me a guest spot as a way of introducing myself into the blogging community. Isn't that sweet? I sure thought so!
So today I thought I would share a super simple tutorial and when I say simple I mean uber simple! Now if you are anything like me you have probably seen a hundred of those pretty manicured nail pins on Pinterest. I can't get enough of them but come on! Most of us gals don't have that much free time to attempt some of those looks ourselves. That's where this tutorial comes in! Let me introduce you to the Simple Silver Tip Manicure.
These are the polishes I used. Yep, there's only 2! Rimmel's Lasting Finish Pro and Sonia Kashuk nail color in Smoke and Mirrors.
Here's how to get the look:
1. Start with clean, dry, and filed nails.
2. Take the silver polish and run the brush against the inside of the bottle so that there isn't a ton of polish on the brush. Hold the brush perpendicular to your nails and swipe just along the tip of your finger nails. (Now here's the optional part, if you'd like you can apply a basecoat prior to applying the silver polish but I didn't since it saved me some drying time and it was one less step. Yay!)
3. Repeat this step for each nail. You will most likely get some polish on the tips of your fingers, this is totally normal. Just dip a q-tip into some fingernail polish remover and wipe any residual polish.
4. Let the polish dry completely.
5. Finally, apply 1 coat of the Lasting Finish Pro (or any topcoat of your liking).
And there you have it! A simple but still adorable manicure in just 5 easy steps. I'd love to hear if any of you have tried this type of mani before. If so, what did you think?
Before I go I want to say thank you again to Alyssa for inviting me over as a guest. You're the best!
Erika - thank you!! Those nails are adorable!
Be sure to head on over and check out her blog, Thrifty and Fabulous Accessories!!