home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Heavy Heart

This has been a heavy week for my heart. It has really hit me through different circumstances, how much I stay in my safe little bubble; surrounded with people, places and situations that I'm familiar and comfortable with.

It started with {this horrible article}  I stumbled upon earlier in the week stating that killing babies is no different than abortion.  A team of medical doctors find it perfectly okay to kill a 2 month old baby because they are "'not actual persons' and do not have a 'moral right to life'".  Personally, I am completely against abortion, but that's besides the point, and I don't want this to be a political statement of any kind.  But I find it absolutely disgusting that anybody would say it is okay to kill an infant because they're not really a person.

A couple of days ago, my husband and I were watching "The Whistleblower", a movie about a woman who single-handedly took on a human trafficking ring in Bosnia.  I know human trafficking is a major issue and has been for awhile.  It was just a reminder of how different life is in other places, how horrible some people are and what an incredible nightmare some people are forced to live.

And then today, I saw this on Facebook.  A video about a man named Joseph Kony in Central Africa.  The video is kind of long, but it's definitely interesting.  It made my heart hurt even more to see so many more children who live in fear.  I will say that I'm not I'm ready to jump on this particular bandwagon, but I definitely believe it is a cause to be looked into.



I know the world we live in is scary and, in places, horrendously evil.  Life is not perfect where we live, but it's easy to forget how awful life is for others when we are so blessed living in the United States.  Even if we feel there is nothing we can do to help we can, at the least, be ever so grateful for our freedom, safety and peace and then pray diligently for those who do not have those same comforts.

1 comment:

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

Oh man, this WAS a downer of a post, but we definitely need to stay informed. Nobody can be an advocate for change while sitting in the dark.

Thanks for sharing, even if all of it was a bummer. :-(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...