home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Friday, March 23, 2012

End of a Hiatus

You may have noticed I've been MIA lately.  For quite awhile, actually.  I found myself needing a good break from everything; the blog, my store, life in general.  I had too much on my plate and needed time to detox and re-evaluate priorities and scheduling.  Hopefully, I have it under control now.  And hopefully, I've found a way to make everything work for me again.

My friend Rachel over at {Family Ever After} recently had a blog post entitled {"What I Know About Blogging"}.  Rachel has some really good pointers about blogging, and I found them refreshing and motivating.  I started this blog as a supplement for my Etsy shop; a way to drive more traffic to my new little store.  It has served it's purpose well! :)  My little Etsy shop isn't so little anymore, and it keeps me busier than I sometimes think I have time for.  The only problem?  I love it!!  So it's a vicious little cycle...trying to blog quick enough (and interesting enough!) to keep readers coming and ultimately stopping by the shop, and in turn, keeping up with my shop.  I have been extremely blessed with the success of my Etsy shop.  It's not as huge as some shops, but it's big enough for me! It provides a creative outlet for me and provides a decent amount of extra money.

So what does all my rambling mean?  Just that I'm not going to stress over my blog anymore.  :)  If I have something fun and relevant to share, I'll share it!  If I don't, then I'm not going to worry about the fact that it's been 2 or 3 days since I've posted anything.  Hopefully you'll stay with me -  I still intend on having plenty to share!!

I am curious, though...for those of you who are bloggers and/or Etsy shop owners, what are you tips for balancing it all?

1 comment:

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

You're awesome Alyssa, just keep doing what you know is best! Everything you do is amazing :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...