home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Quiz

I stumbled across this cute little Christmas Quiz over on Twiddler House and thought I'd play too! Feel free to join in! But be sure to leave me a comment with a link to your answers, because I want to see too!!

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Ewww. Hot chocolate by far. Unless it's my mother in law's eggnog, which is basically a vanilla milkshake with a dash of nutmeg on top. That eggnog I'll take anytime!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa's gifts are out in the open, right with their stockings!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White, white white.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I wish! I keep wanting to hang it, but can never find any. I use to have a beautiful mistletoe ball, but it's disappeared. If anyone knows where to get mistletoe...

5. When do you put your decorations up? Whenever I can find a spare minute? I want them all up the day after Thanksgiving. But that never happens. This year I was afraid they would never make it up, but slowly they eventually all made it up. Phew!!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Whatever my husband is making. :) Which is usually the turkey or ham. This Christmas it's a ham. He always smokes them and they are always perfect!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? One particular Christmas at my grandparent's in South Dakota. ALL the cousins were there, staying at Grandma's house. There was just a floor of mattresses downstairs for all the kids to have a massive sleepover. I loved it!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I really don't remember.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No. All gifts are saved for Christmas morning.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I typically have my pretty one that nobody is allowed to touch. This year it's red, silver and a touch of green. But the boys have a tree in their bedroom that they can touch, decorate and rearrange to their heart's content!

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? LOVE it! For the holidays only. But we don't get it in Phoenix, which is okay anyway, because I want it gone and back to sunshine the day after Christmas.

12. Can you ice skate? No. I've only been once (at Rockefeller Center in NYC) and it wasn't pretty.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Sadly, no. I remember the year my parents gave me contacts (which I was so excited for!), and I'm pretty in love with the beautiful, professional belgian waffle iron my husband gave me a couple of years ago.

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? My family. I LOVE that my husband doesn't have to work (in his days of working bomb dogs, Christmas season was his busiest time of year and I rarely saw him), and we can spend 4 or 5 uninterrupted days playing with our boys. Love it!!

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Do I have to pick just one?

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Holiday baking day with my sister and my kids. An all day event of all the goodies you can think of!!

17. What tops your tree? A star.

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving! Nothing excites me more than having picked out the perfect gift for somebody!

19. Candy canes: yuck or yummy? Yummy. In moderation. Even yummier in hot chocolate!

20. Favorite Christmas show? White Christmas, hands down. I can't quote (and sing!) the entire movie. Been watching it religiously since I was 4 or 5.

21. Saddest Christmas song? A sad Christmas song? Did I miss those? Cause I can't think of a single one... Oh wait. Just kidding. The Christmas Shoes song is pretty dang sad.

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? This year it's Santa Claus is Coming To Town, just because my 3 year old loves it, knows every word and can be found singing it all the time!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...