home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Gratitude

Since this is the week for Thanksgiving, I couldn't let the week end without expressing what I'm most grateful for these days and that's my little family.

Don't get me wrong. I am grateful for SO many things. But my husband and children are what I live for each and every day.

Two darling little boys. Who are 100% all boy. Dirt, grime and go, go, go all the time. Who love each other and are fairly well behaved (most of the time).

This little guy, who turns 2 next week. I overheard my husband asking him today, "Kehlton, why do you always look like you're into trouble?". I had to laugh; because the answer is that he IS always into trouble. And he knows it. You know that song in The Music Man? The one that goes "Oh yes we got trouble, right here in River City. Trouble with a capitol T and that rhymes with P and that stands for Pool?" I find myself singing that song in my head on a daily basis dealing with this one. But he has the cutest little mischievous face that melts the hardest of hearts every single time. He's my little clown - he loves to make people laugh and will do just about anything for it!

His big brother, who turns 4 in March. We've had some rough patches in our little family that we've had to bear, and this little guy carried his momma through it without even realizing it. He is already such a tremendous strength to his family. When Brychan was just over a year old, we had a friend make the comment that Brychan had a spirit about him that just made you want to be near him. I hope he keeps that spirit about him. He's my studious one - he loves to learn and is smarter than he needs to be! :)

And then there's their Daddy. Who is just amazing. In fact, right now he's out driving across the valley to rescue my sister who has a shredded tire on the side of the interstate in the dark. She didn't hesitate to call him and ask for help. I love that people know they can call on him for anything at any time. I love that he's so handy and has to ability to fix most things that those same people are calling for help on! I love that he's such a good dad; that is so obviously in love with his two little boys. He is so good to them and oh so good to me. I got lucky with him, that's for sure.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. And that you have family just as wonderful as mine to be grateful for as well.
Happy Holidays!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Your family is beautiful. Love the pictures. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy your Christmas and New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...