home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

I love fall and I love baking, especially in the fall. October, November and December I will be busier than usual in the kitchen, whipping up treats that we don't eat any other time of the year. However, that's not why I made these today. Honestly? My visiting teachers were coming, my candles ran out over the weekend, and I wanted my house to smell yummy. So making cookies was the obvious solution, right? I wanted to make my Pumpkin Spice Bars, but realized I didn't have any graham crackers to make the crust, so I made these instead.

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
1 c. canned (or pureed) pumpkin
1 c. sugar
1 3/4 c. rolled oats
1 egg
1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. shortening
(fyi...I NEVER use shortening as in Crisco, lard, etc. I can't stand it and always substitute it for real butter)
1 c. raisins or chopped nuts (I left these out this time)
1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1 t salt
1 c. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add and mix in shortening. Stir until mixture is crumbly. Stir in egg, pumpkin, oats and raisins/nuts and chocolate chips. Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

Totally going to try this today!

Sandy said...

Looks yummy! I pinned this recipe for later. I'm glad I stopped by from EBT to follow you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...