home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My House is...a House of Order???

Okay. So we are headed out of town in less than 48 hours. My shop has, of course, picked this week to be insanely busy (not that I'm complaining - I'll take all that love I can get!), I'm working and trying to clean, pack, grocery shop, etc. This morning, while wasting precious time on Pinterest (don't judge my time management skills...), I stumbled across this idea.

On Somewhat Simple, they have this fantastic "tutorial" for speed cleaning your home. The steps are easy and efficient. Basically, you set the timer for 10 minutes, start in your kitchen and clean as much as you can in 10 minutes. When the timer goes off, you move to the next room. You repeat the process until you've cleaned for 30 minutes and then you earn a 10 minute "break". Awesome. And today, of all days, was the perfect time to try it.

I put my boys down for a nap, turned on some tunes, set my timer and went! It worked great!! But half way through my second 10 minute stretch, I realized that if my boys were still awake, everything that I had just cleaned my first 10 minutes would totally have been undone. And basically, I would just be cleaning in circles all day long. Which, isn't that what I typically do anyway?

So now I'm kind of torn. Do I use all my precious "nap time" (code for time for myself to do whatever I want) to make my house all nice and sparkly? Or, do I keep trudging through our normal routine of one, maybe two, totally clean rooms in the house per day?

My question to you is: how do you keep your home front nice and sparkly clean? Any fantastic tricks or tips? Surely I can't be the only one who struggles in this area with 2 little boys running around. And if I am, just don't tell me. Ignorance is bliss! :)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...