home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Thursday, August 30, 2012

New Baby Coming? Books for Big Brother or Sister

A few months ago, a friend handed me a pile of books for me to read to my boys to help prepare them for the new baby coming. My boys LOVE these books! We have been reading them several times a week, and my 4 year old talks about the books (and what he's learned from the books) all the time. I wanted to pass them along to you in case you have little ones expecting a new baby in the house too!

I'm A Big Brother 

This one is the simplest of the 3 books we're reading.  My 4 year old has it memorized, and my 2 year old loves it.  It's perfect for his little attention span!  It does a really good job of explaining the difference between what big boys can do and what babies can do (which is great since I know my 2 year old is going to have a really hard time giving up the "baby position").

The Berenstain Bears: New Baby

Who doesn't love the Berenstain Bears?  My 4 year old especially loves this book!  It's just a fun story about prepping for baby.  It does make it look like baby comes within 5 minutes, but I'm sure that's just a Mom thing to notice!  Brother Bear has to give up his bed for the new baby; which I think helped my son hand his bed over for the new baby too.  Pretty cute!

And lastly,
Baby on the Way

This is by far the most informative book we've read.  Maybe a little too informative, although it's easy enough to "censor" for younger readers (maybe I'm crazy, but I don't think my 2 year old needs to be worried about how the uterus works quite yet).  There is an illustration of a baby in mommy's belly, which my boys LOVE looking at; realizing that's what their baby sister looks like too.

So that's our current reading list in our home!  What books did you read to your little ones to help prep them for a new baby?




1 comment:

menopausal mama said...

You can never go wrong with the Berenstein Bears!! Good choice! Newest GFC follower from the weekend blog hop. Would love it if you could visit my humorous blog site and follow back via GFC! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...