Monday, December 19, 2011

Saltine Toffee Cookies

A dear friend made some of these a week or so ago and shared them with me. I instantly fell in love with them. They taste a bit like a Heath candy bar.

I made my first batch of them last night. Yum. I have eaten a ridiculous amount of the pan today...my hubby needs to hurry home this afternoon and finish them off so I don't!

And, just so you can join me in my "misery" - here's the super simple recipe for you too!

Saltine Toffee Cookies

4 oz. saltine crackers (1 sleeve)
1 c. butter
1 c. dark brown sugar
2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 c. chopped pecans

Preheat over to 400 degrees F. Line crackers in a single layer on a well greased cookie sheet (I used parchment paper and Pam after being told that they are really sticky. They turned out perfectly). In a saucepan, combine the sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over saltines and spread it over the crackers completely. Bake at 400 for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped nuts. Cool completely and break into pieces.


Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Hello and welcome... said...

Popping over from the Etsy Blog Team!

Wanna jump into the photo and grab one! Bless you for sharing an easy recipe...this hausfrau can't handle one more 12-ingredient recipe this season!! Happy Holidays from Vancouver, Canada...

D+B said...

Cute blog!! These also look so yummy!! Definitely to die for.. :) I am your newest follower!! If you would like to follow me to that would be so wonderful! I actually have a giveaway going on right now. So you will have to check it out. Its $70.00 worth of mineral makeup...

-Brooke
blushboutiquestyle.blogspot.com

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Oh my, these look so good. I love anything with toffee in the title! Crazy Sweet Tuesday, and would love for you to join sometime!

Kadie said...

These look so yummy and easy!! I can't wait to make some:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...