home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Friday, October 21, 2011

Quarantine

We discovered Wednesday morning that my youngest has Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. I'm sure many of you have dealt with this in your young ones, but for those who are unfamiliar with it: it is a viral illness that causes fever and painful blistering sores all over the child's hands, feet, inside of their mouths and, in my sons case, all over his little bum. It is highly contagious, so we have to stay clear of everybody until his rash clears up (which could be awhile). I'm hoping that either my oldest doesn't get it at all or that he comes down with it tomorrow so we don't have to drag this out for a month.

So far, yesterday was the worst of it. Kehlton was up all night Wednesday night, and by yesterday, the sores in his mouth were bad enough that he didn't want to eat anything (or take any medication!), just because he had too many owies. After a ridiculously short nap, he screamed for 2 hours solid. I finally reached my breaking point and called Daddy to come home from work. As soon as Daddy walked in the door, all the dramatics ceased. Of course.

But. Since Daddy came home, I was able to treat my oldest (who by this point was feeling severely neglected) to a little one on one time. With a little bit of masking tape, we turned the entire family room into a huge car track.
We had a ramp, a tunnel, a forest and a farm. There was room for cars and for little mice.
We had lots of fun playing, and are still having lots of fun with it this morning.
Even the sickie managed to have some fun.
For a little bit, anyway. :( Here's to hoping this doesn't really last for 2 weeks...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...