home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ties Vs. Velcro

This is the newest item to join our collection this week. Sweet little puppy dogs chasing rubber balls and little mice.

When we were newly married, and even when my oldest was born, my husband was employed as a K9 bomb handler. Yes...bomb dogs. He had been doing it for a number of years, and everybody knew his partner, Kodi. Because of this, we got SO many dog related wedding and baby gifts (um, not at the same time...approximately 10 months apart thank you very much :) ). Just about every single gift Brychan got had a dog on it somewhere. It was kind of funny. But, this fabric reminds me of that and it really just makes me smile.


This particular cover has the Velcro straps holding it on versus the ribbon ties that I am more fond of.

Why do I prefer the ribbon ties? They hold tighter. Once you tie those babies on, there is no slipping back and forth on the handle, no accidental ripping off of the cover - they stay put. You can see in the photo above that the straps are not sitting straight. That would drive me absolutely insane. I would constantly be trying to straighten them as I went. Plus, Velcro gets icky after awhile. Granted, they're not quite as convenient as the Velcro, nor are they as cost effective. And maybe it's just because that's what my own, personal car seat cover came with that makes me prefer the ribbon. I don't know. I do know that a lot of people prefer the Velcro. What do you think? Which type would you prefer?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...