home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Shhh...

Okay. So many people who know me,
know that I have an Etsy shop.
They also know what sort of "goods" I have in my shop.
And they inevitably say
"Oh! You're a good sewer, can you______ ??
(fill in the blank with any project you think you may ever want/need help with)

But, the secrets out.
I am not a fantastic sewer.
As much as I would LOVE to help everybody, my talents are limited.
I can sew straight lines.
(Well, actually, I can round a corner, but only if it's going into another very straight line)
That's it.
But man can I sew a great straight line!! :)

So, I have a new goal and I'm sharing it with everybody,
in order to hold myself to it.
I am going to start doing projects that
a) are for ME
(not my shop, children or friends, although I love doing all 3)
and
b) requires one new sewing skill

I think I'll give it a go this weekend.
I want to try something with a zipper.
I'll let you know how it goes on Monday.
Till then,
wish me luck!!!

**If you want to see some of the ideas that I'd like to eventually tackle, you can check out my Sewing Projects board on Pinterest**

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...