home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Liquid Playdough

When I taught preschool, one of my all time favorite activities to do with the kids was liquid playdough. It's super easy, cheap and fun!
(My kids have now been busy with this for over a hour...)

Everything you need is already in your kitchen.
It's simply equal parts of:
Flour
Salt
Water

That's it!
(I made a 2 cup batch this morning, and my boys are just now using the last bit up.)

Mix all of the ingredients together.
It will end up looking like pancake batter.


Add whatever food coloring colors you want...

And go!!

I put mine in those cheap, plastic, ketchup/mustard
squeeze bottles from Walmart. I also used a decorator bottle from Pampered Chef.
They both worked great!

Let your little Picassos squeeze away!
With liquid playdough, the colors won't mix.
After they're done creating, let them sit overnight
and they will harden up (similar to clay).




A few suggestions:
  • Move this activity outdoors. It is very messy!!
  • I know they're a tad bit expensive, but if you can, use the heavier Chinet paper plates. I guarantee you that your child will overload his/her plate with goop. The heavier plates just hold up much better.
  • If your little one is having a hard time getting the playdough to squeeze out, you can add more water.
  • AND, be sure to have toothpicks or bamboo skewers ready to unclog the bottles.
Have fun!!


If you're visiting for the first time, don't forget to head over and enter to win our GREAT giveaway!! You have until August 30 to enter!
lil luna link party button

11 comments:

Shanna Page said...

I have never seen or heard of liquid playdough before! It's just now getting cool enough to play outside so this will be a great activity that my son will love!

I'm wondering if the entire piece will come up together after it dries? I would love to turn it into some type of artwork!

btanders said...

Cool! What a fun idea! I think my kids would have a blast with this. Thanks for sharing!

Kadydid Designs said...

Shanna - I was wondering the same thing myself yesterday. It doesn't come off the paper plate without cracking, but I'm thinking if you laid wax paper on top of the paper plate it would work. I want to try some fun spider webs for Halloween!!

Lindsay said...

What a fabulous idea! My kids would love this!
Thank you for sharing this at Show & Share! I really appreciate it!

Sylvanfire said...

OMG this is awesome. I'm working at a daycare and this would be a great activity with the kids!! I'm so glad I found your site through the family ever after link party!!

Keep Creating
Angie :)
from http://artsyyou.blogspot.com

Marie said...

Hi!

My daughters will love this! I'm featuring it on my blog! Come grab a featured button! Thanks for linking up to Show & Share!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

Chef in Training said...

I have never heard of this before but I LOVE it!

I would love it if you would share this and/or any other projects you have been up to at Tuesday Talent Show at Chef In Training Tomorrow! Plus there is going to be a fun giveaway too! Thanks so much and I hope to see you there!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Jennifer @ PigskinsandPigtails said...

How fun! We're going to try this. We've done pudding painting before. This looks as equally as messy and just as much fun! Thanks for the idea.

http://www.pigskinsandpigtails.com/2011/08/pudding-painting/

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Hey!!! Thanks for linking this last week! Its being featured on my blog tomorrow, come grab a button! Glad to see all your creativity lately. Glad you started a blog!!!

Chef in Training said...

I love this! Really! So creative and fuN! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Jennifer @ PigskinsandPigtails said...

This was a great idea! We had fun trying it last weekend. Thanks for the recipe!

http://www.pigskinsandpigtails.com/2011/09/liquid-playdough/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...